Find an independent agent near you


Protect your hard-earned investment

There’s a lot to explore in the Western United States. That’s why we’ve been protecting our policyholders in California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming since 1894. We want you to be able to hit the road without worrying about your auto insurance coverage. Much has changed since we wrote our first auto policy (a 1938 DeSoto with a $12 annual premium that provided basic liability coverage!). One thing has not, however: Our commitment to fast, attentive service during the times that you need us most.

Call to Report a Claim

When Disasters Happen

We are prepared and committed to helping you through an unexpected event. Unfortunately, catastrophes happen. That’s why Grange Insurance Association offers a dedicated claims team that responds immediately when disasters strike. We also have partnerships with professional independent adjusters in your area who can quickly respond to your claim.

Report a Claim Online  

What to do in the event of a loss?

Here are some helpful tips in the event you suffer a loss:

  1. Please first make sure you and your family are safe.
  2. If safety is not a concern, make any temporary repairs to prevent further damage, including turning off the water in the event of a water loss. Keep copies of all your receipts for any expenses incurred.
  3. Report the claim to Grange Insurance Association as soon as possible using our claims reporting hotline at 800.546.8850.
  4. Take photos of the scene and the damage to help document your claim.
  5. Do not destroy damaged property, but rather keep it available for possible inspection and documentation.

Remember we are always here to help you through the process. Please do not hesitate to ask us for assistance and/or guidance.

Towing, Rental, and Glass

If you need to submit a claim under your Towing and Labor coverage, send your receipt to Claim Reimbursement by clicking the “Email Your Receipt” button and we can promptly reimburse you up to the limit of your Towing and Labor coverage. Please include your name and policy number on any receipt as this will help speed up processing. As an alternative, you can fax or mail the receipt to us.

Email Your Receipt

Fax: 888.769.7602
US Postal Mailing:
Attn: Claims Reimbursement
PO Box 21089
Seattle, WA 98111-9966

Language in your towing coverage

We will pay towing and labor costs incurred each time "your covered auto" or any "non-owned auto" is disabled, up to the amount shown in the Schedule or in the Declarations as applicable to that vehicle. If a "non-owned auto" is disabled, we will provide the broadest towing and labor costs coverage applicable to any "your covered auto" shown in the Schedule or in the Declarations. We will only pay for labor performed at the place of disablement.

Car Rentals

We have pricing agreements and on-line reservation capabilities with:

  • Enterprise Rental Car: 855.266.9289
  • Hertz Rental Car: 800.704.4473

However, if neither company is convenient for you, we can work with the rental car company of your choice to handle your claim rental needs.

Auto Glass Claims Service

We have partnered with Safelite Solutions on our auto glass program. Simply call our claims reporting hotline at 800.546.8850 and select the option for filing a glass claim and a representative will promptly assist you. Safelite Solutions has over 9,000 affiliate providers nationwide, and nearly 5,000 state of the art mobile glass shops.

Report an Auto Glass Claim

We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions. By continuing to use our website, you accept these terms and policies.

OK, got it